Five cottages nestling in a tranquil cider orchard. Converted 17th century farm buildings, surrounded by fields, woodland and a stone’s throw from the River Severn. Lovely walks, an abundance of wildlife and some farm animals. Pets and children welcome.
We were looking very much forward to staying at Harebell. Lovely situation, but the single-track approach road has no passing-places and a nightmare if there is on-coming traffic. The cottage was slightly disappointing. I didn't feel as though Harebell was up to the standard of the other cottages on site. The bathroom certainly needed up-grading and there were two missing tiles on the kitchen floor. Fairly basic kitchen equipment and crockery. No cushions on the garden furniture. We did ask but nothing appeared. It's an amazing site with loads of facilities for families. Wonderful pla...more
The whole complex was well kept and tidy. The setting and location was really pretty with only a short drive to many visitor attractions, e.g. Forest of Dean, Wye Valley. Everything was good, the only downside was the wifi which was very intermittent in the cottage, and the hot tub which we could not enjoy as much as we would have liked because it took well over 3 hours to heat the water to a decent temperature - which meant there was not enough time to use it if you had been out all day. Otherwise a really enjoyable stay. The enclosed back garden was excellent for our cockapoo Maisie as w...more
We had a lovely stay with our 11 month old twins.
- The farm itself is beautifully kept and Celandine was immaculate and well equipped.
- The welcome basket is a thoughful and useful touch and we loved being able to buy fresh eggs on site.
- Our boys enjoyed the games room with its toys.
- The location is great and there are attractions and cafes within easy driving distance. The hosts gave some brill suggestions and give particular weight to child-friendly venues.
- Cot mattresses are not provided which was a headache.
- Wifi/phone reception is really patchy and prac...more
For a large family reunion of all ages, occupying the 4 largest cottages, this was a wonderful place to be. Kate & Alison so helpful. Plenty to do on site, and access to so much activity in beautiful places away from it. Lack of mobile signal might be a problem for some, as it involved a short walk up the drive!